Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Diamante Poem (Synonym & Antonym)

Do you know what a diamante poem is?
It's a type of poem that is written in the shape of a diamond.
They were first made by an American poet, Iris McClellan Tiedt.

Diamante poems always follow this order-


There are two types of diamante poems: synonym poems and antonym poems. Today, I'll show you both.

I think these poems are attractive because they are easy to read and fun to write. I tried making my own diamante poems.



First, the synonym poem.



FLOWER
PRETTY  DELICATE
SWAYING  BLOOMING  ARRANGING
STEM         PETAL         LEAF         TRUNK
GROWING  BREATHING  SHELTERING
FRESH  BIG
TREE




Next, the antonym poem.



HANDS
GRACEFUL  COMPLEX
GRABBING  WRITING  MAKING
FINGERS     WRIST     ANKLE     TOES
WALKING  RUNNING  STOMPING
SIMPLE  CUTE
FEET



Pretty simple, right?
Diamante poems are a great way to spend free time.
I encourage you to try writing your own-DIY!

Good Luck!!

1 comment: